Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BRIGHTON SPEED TRIALS

4 posters

:: Events

Go down

BRIGHTON SPEED TRIALS Empty BRIGHTON SPEED TRIALS

Post by billy f Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:04 am

Last season Ed mentioned that he has always wanted to do the Brighton Speed Trials (basically a 1/4 mile sprint with no corners, so a drag race with one vehicle at a time). This is an event I had also wanted to do back in the 90's when it was a 1/2 mile, but it was very difficult to get an entry.

Last year it was running again after a bit of a safety and organisation issue, and while it still has a full entry list, it seems it is easier to get an entry. Last year it was £140 entry fee as the club has to now cover the security and clearing up fees (the council used to pay for these), and you only get (I think) 2 practice runs and two timed runs, so quite expensive. The cars park up by the start line, but no support vehicles or trailers are allowed in that area, they are positioned past the finish line in another car park.

The event is usually on the Saturday, and I assume you could stay in the car park on the Friday night and the Saturday night, so in effect it would be a weekend away in Brighton, which would make it better value for money.

The event is scheduled for September, so if there is nothing more tempting for that month, would anyone be interested?
billy f
billy f

Back to top Go down

BRIGHTON SPEED TRIALS Empty Re: BRIGHTON SPEED TRIALS

Post by IAN51 Fri Jan 30, 2015 12:08 pm

I wouldn't mind having a go at this I have been a few times also would make a good social gathering by the sea
IAN51
IAN51

Back to top Go down

Post by numbnuts Fri Jan 30, 2015 4:03 pm

Count me in, never been but the history and the atmosphere with all the spectators really appeals to me.

It's on my bucket list

Ed
numbnuts
numbnuts

http://www.fullersforestry.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackracing Mon Feb 02, 2015 5:22 pm

Count me in, never done it
Jackracing
Jackracing

Back to top Go down

Post by billy f Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:26 am

From looking at posts on last years event, it looks like you get one practice run and two timed runs, and the entry fee was £140.

It looks like the date for this year is Saturday 5th September.

Other possible events for September are:

Armed Forces Race Challenge on Saturday 12th at Snetterton 300. 45 minute race for £295.

MDA sprint at Blyton on Sunday 13th Sept. £120 for about 5 to 7 runs over about a 2.5 mile course.

Bearing in mind the travelling distance to Brighton, its not looking at being a value for money event compared to the others.

billy f
billy f

Back to top Go down

Post by numbnuts Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:32 pm

OK that is fair enough I don't mind paying extra for a blue ribbon event, especially if I can tie it in with a family mini break.

I will look at everything and weight it up. if the other events look good I my delay till next year
numbnuts
numbnuts

http://www.fullersforestry.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

:: Events

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum