Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MGCC BRITISH MOTOR HERITAGE 4 HOUR RELAY RACE, SNETTERTON 5TH OCTOBER

+4
numbnuts
Jackracing
Sean Graham 72
billy f
8 posters

:: Events

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

MGCC BRITISH MOTOR HERITAGE 4 HOUR RELAY RACE, SNETTERTON 5TH OCTOBER Empty MGCC BRITISH MOTOR HERITAGE 4 HOUR RELAY RACE, SNETTERTON 5TH OCTOBER

Post by billy f Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:57 am

After lengthy discussion regarding whether to compete at the Birkett, some of took the decision to enter the MGCC team relay race at Snetterton 200 on 5th October.  This is an initiation race for classic cars, so we have fielded a team from the 80's.  The teams consist of between 3 and 6 cars, and we will have just three drivers:

Billy Fletcher - Hornet Mk2 - Designed in 1985 and registered in 1991
Ian Smythe - Fiesta Mk1 - Registered in 1981, although a bit different than when it left the factory!
Ed Fuller - Tiger Super 6 - One of the earliest Super 6's and produced about 1989 but registered in 1995

We also have a support team consisting Sumo as timekeeper and Bill as pit crew.  We can always use a couple more hands, but spare tickets may be limited.  Let us know if your interested in coming along to assist.

Further details, including regs, entry list and finals are at the bottom of this page:

http://www.mgcc.co.uk/motorsport/race-competitor-information/

It is a full weekend of racing, so I am looking at getting there late Friday night, to sign on and scrutineer on Saturday, then relax and do some spectating followed by some tinnies and a BBQ Saturday evening Wink

Last edited by billy f on Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:51 am; edited 1 time in total
billy f
billy f

Back to top Go down

MGCC BRITISH MOTOR HERITAGE 4 HOUR RELAY RACE, SNETTERTON 5TH OCTOBER Empty Re: MGCC BRITISH MOTOR HERITAGE 4 HOUR RELAY RACE, SNETTERTON 5TH OCTOBER

Post by billy f Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:12 am

The maximum grid size is 26 so that every team has a garage, and they have a grid of 25 teams, which is really good.

Snetterton 200 is not the most exciting circuit, but looking at the entry list it should be an amazing race (much like how the Birkett used to be). There is a fantastic array of cars including MGB's MGZR's, Midgets, MGT's, Lotus (not Caterham) 7's, Alfas, BMW's, etc.
billy f
billy f

Back to top Go down

MGCC BRITISH MOTOR HERITAGE 4 HOUR RELAY RACE, SNETTERTON 5TH OCTOBER Empty Re: MGCC BRITISH MOTOR HERITAGE 4 HOUR RELAY RACE, SNETTERTON 5TH OCTOBER

Post by Sean Graham 72 Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:23 am

Remind me again in a couple of years to enter a 1989 car named Marrow  Surprised

Sean Graham 72

Back to top Go down

Post by billy f Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:27 am

The Marrow as well, that would be a very eclectic mix of 80's cars, and would really fit well with the ethos of High Speed, Low Cost Very Happy
billy f
billy f

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackracing Fri Sep 26, 2014 6:49 pm

I know Ed's car is fast but was unaware that it could generate a time warp in his cars production date Laughing
Jackracing
Jackracing

Back to top Go down

Post by bill2b Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:24 pm

Jackracing wrote:
I know Ed's car is fast but was unaware that it could generate a time warp in his cars production date Laughing

I vote that Ed should run on a set of Conway remoulds, you know just to even things out a bit Laughing Laughing
bill2b
bill2b

http://www.ibmetals.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by numbnuts Sat Sep 27, 2014 1:50 pm

I spoke to Paul at tiger racing and my six is one of the earliest they produced, but it just wasn't road registered straight away. scratch

Ed
numbnuts
numbnuts

http://www.fullersforestry.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackracing Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:18 pm

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Tiger established 1989

This must one that Jim built on his kitchen table prior to registering the company.

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Jackracing
Jackracing

Back to top Go down

Post by bill2b Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:33 pm

Just goes to show how much Tigers have improved over the years, I don't know how old John/Jacks Tiger is but it is so slow compared to Edwards Laughing
bill2b
bill2b

Back to top Go down

Post by Sumo Sun Sep 28, 2014 8:24 am

Hi Billy, there will be two of us, what time are we needed.

Sumo

Back to top Go down

Post by Jackracing Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:48 am

Bill2b wrote:Just goes to show how much Tigers have improved over the years, I don't know how old John/Jacks Tiger is but it is so slow compared to Edwards

The total cost of my car equates to the to a small percentage of the upgrades, engine, suspension, diff, and of course the labour costs etc of Ed's car.

The Avon is a much more modern car than an S6, the R6 more modern than that.
I am sure that when some of the R6 boys arrive with similar engine power to Ed's things will get a whole lot more entertaining. lol!
Jackracing
Jackracing

Back to top Go down

Post by billy f Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:46 am

Hi Sumo,

We will be moving into the garage about 10:00 on the Sunday. Tickets will be on their way to you.
billy f
billy f

Back to top Go down

Post by billy f Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:49 am

I still have not received my tickets Neutral
Consequently, I will give them a ring today and chase them up.

Ian,
Sumo, needs two tickets. Consequently would you be able to send two to him if I e-mail his address to you?

Ed,
Bill needs one ticket, would you be able to send him one, and if so I believe you have his address?
billy f
billy f

Back to top Go down

Post by billy f Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:49 am

Can anyone bring a flat-screen to use in the garage to monitor the lap times?
billy f
billy f

Back to top Go down

Post by numbnuts Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:01 am

Ok to the tickets and flat screen
numbnuts
numbnuts

Back to top Go down

Post by billy f Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:23 pm

Thanks Ed, my tickets were sent to the wrong address! another set are now in the post to me Cool

I must admit, I'm getting really excited about this race Very Happy
billy f
billy f

Back to top Go down

Post by numbnuts Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:24 pm

Me too, weather looks good, however I have unfortunately pulled my back a couple of days ago pale still not the best and with my history of slipped discs I have to take it very easy. I will be ok for the race. But I might need a hand with things like changing tyres, lifting trailer ramps etc. Oh and drinking port.

Ed
numbnuts
numbnuts

Back to top Go down

Post by bill2b Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:59 pm

numbnuts wrote:Me too, weather looks good, however I have unfortunately pulled my back a couple of days ago pale  still not the best and with my history of slipped discs I have to take it very easy. I will be ok for the race.  But I might need a hand with things like changing tyres, lifting trailer ramps etc. Oh and drinking port.

Ed

I'm not helping you with your race suit that's for certain.
bill2b
bill2b

Back to top Go down

Post by numbnuts Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:14 pm

What about my nightie ? Razz
numbnuts
numbnuts

Back to top Go down

Post by bill2b Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:36 pm

numbnuts wrote:What about my nightie ? Razz
Wheels, Oil, Petrol, perhaps a bit of polish and maybe a Brolly dolly, But that's it.......
PS Tesco are selling off their Summer Barby stuff well cheap at the moment, go on treat your family
Laughing
bill2b
bill2b

Back to top Go down

Post by numbnuts Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:27 pm

Are there any deals on candle light Ken ?
numbnuts
numbnuts

Back to top Go down

Post by numbnuts Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:07 am

Just seen that we are team 12, I thought we where 11? I may have read it wrong so am check later. Bill I will be on my own this weekend, don't know if I will leave Fri night or Sat morning, so if you want to collect the tickets as before when you are passing.
numbnuts
numbnuts

Back to top Go down

Post by billy f Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:43 am

Hi Ed

My tickets arrived yesterday and the garage sheet is different to the previous copy I had and has us as team 12???????????????

I will check with MGCC and see whats happened!
billy f
billy f

Back to top Go down

Post by billy f Thu Oct 02, 2014 7:54 am

Just been checking their website at:

http://www.mgcc.co.uk/motorsport/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2013/11/2014-Relay-Master-Booking-Sheet-V6-Single-Tab.pdf

they have amended the forms and so it looks as if we are now number 12, the V8 Wide Boys team has been recently entered and made No 11 now and AR Motorsport have been removed from the 12 slot to be replaced by us !!???
billy f
billy f

Back to top Go down

Post by billy f Thu Oct 02, 2014 8:04 am

The bloke who is in our garage (No 12) is in the MG Trophy race, which is the last race of Saturday, so hopefully we will be able to move into the garage Saturday evening.
billy f
billy f

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next