Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Idiots Guide To Buying A Race Van (Shit heap)

3 posters

Go down

An Idiots Guide To Buying A Race Van (Shit heap) Empty An Idiots Guide To Buying A Race Van (Shit heap)

Post by IAN51 Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:32 pm

Step 1 : Spend hours pouring over the Internet looking for the right vehicle gasping in amazement at the wonderful things that people are able to do with modest Panel Vans.Spy a suitable Vehicle that is a little crusty around the edges that in the vendors words needs a little tidying. Contact the aforementioned vendor to discuss the Purchase all seems in order and the vehicle ideally could with a repaint and replacement passenger door.

Step 2 : Agree price with vendor then board suitable Aeroplane to take one to the vendors address some 274 miles away.Arrange to be collected by vendor and to be taken to the storage facility where the Van of your dreams is just waiting for you. Gasp in amazement when shown the vehicle and reply in respondent joy "Are You Taking The FuĀ£king piss mate" . Enjoy awkward levels of excitement as you kick the tyres and ponder how far away the train station is.

Step 3 : Reiterate ones displeasure with the described condition of Race Van and convey the fact that the previously negotiated price may be in some jeopardy whilst still contemplating the walk to the nearest train station. Agree new price with Vendor and exchange cash proceed in excited amazement when after filling out the paper work that whilst looking at the service history you find a piece of paper entitled "Prohibition order" .

Step 4 : Contemplate physical violence to vendor of vehicle and then remember that you are 274 miles away from home in country that are not awfully fans of the English. Establish that the prohibition order is no longer in place and begin journey home avoiding every Vosa checkpoint on the way.

Step 5 :Whilst travelling down the m6 Through Stafford whilst approaching a very slow moving VOSA patrol vehicle considering faking a breakdown a not get to close and then giggle with delight as a Mercedes Vario (not quite as rusty as mine) van overtakes you and falls straight into the clutches of the VOSA patrol.

Step 6 : Go home pissed off that the vehicle you have bought looks like a Gypsy jokers picnic but actually drives really well.

Step 7 : Throw away 7 hours of your life on Sunday knocking holes in your new shit heap to be left with this

An Idiots Guide To Buying A Race Van (Shit heap) 20140915_164139_zpse577d535

I did not take a photo of when i first got it but can tell this looks a million times better.

An Idiots Guide To Buying A Race Van (Shit heap) 20140915_164153_zps2c6989f7

Some Non structural rust apparently its just surface rust this was the result of 30 seconds with a screwdriver

Bloody good job i have a sense of humor Razz Twisted Evil Laughing Sad Shocked Very Happy Surprised Mad Evil or Very Mad
IAN51
IAN51

Back to top Go down

An Idiots Guide To Buying A Race Van (Shit heap) Empty Re: An Idiots Guide To Buying A Race Van (Shit heap)

Post by bill2b Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:44 pm

Its got an awning, that's a positive point affraid
bill2b
bill2b

http://www.ibmetals.co.uk

Back to top Go down

An Idiots Guide To Buying A Race Van (Shit heap) Empty Re: An Idiots Guide To Buying A Race Van (Shit heap)

Post by IAN51 Mon Sep 15, 2014 5:57 pm

bill2b wrote:Its got an awning, that's a positive point affraid

Yes Bill it has ! But that would appear to be broken apparently some plastic thingy has bosted im yet to investigate
IAN51
IAN51

Back to top Go down

Post by billy f Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:38 am

Did you drive back through Glasgow?

I was wondering where those bullet holes in the rear bodywork came from affraid
billy f
billy f

Back to top Go down

Post by IAN51 Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:42 am

Lol thats the first thing my lad said we he saw it I have a weekends worth of welding in front of me
IAN51
IAN51

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down