Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wet Tyre Choice

2 posters

Go down

Wet Tyre Choice Empty Wet Tyre Choice

Post by Sean Graham 72 Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:53 pm

After a painful run out at Rockingham in wet to very wet conditions, it has become apparent I need some wet weather tyres.  Now within the AFRC community there is only one other in a sevenesque car and I won't try to compare the Sultan Locost to the Berris V8, so I thought of asking the experience on here.  The Locosts are currently weighing in at around 600Kg.  What has been coming out on top as the tyre of choice for the Tigers, Hornets, LocoBlade etc.

Looking forward to your replies.

Sean

Sean Graham 72

Back to top Go down

Wet Tyre Choice Empty Re: Wet Tyre Choice

Post by frodo Fri Sep 16, 2016 11:16 am

Hi mate,

Back in the Locoblade days I used Michelin race wets - given that your car is probably on 6x13" wheels and Formula car fronts should be fine. I rang up Fortec Motorsport to buy mine (used in one test session only) - £20 a corner, bargain. If you need List 1A/B etc then I seem to remember you can get Yoko A021 or A032 in soft compound and then cut more grooves in. On the Fiesta I'm currently using Uniroyal Rainsport 3's - not had call to use them yet but Chris recommended them (and they were cheap).

Frodo
frodo
frodo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sean Graham 72 Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:23 pm

Thanks Frodo,

Now I know what was missing from the last race, hope to see you out next year.  The problem I've found with the cars I drive is that they are light weight and need supersoft compounds and that usually adds pounds to the retail price.  Will see what's available for the options above.

Cheers

Sean

Sean Graham 72

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down