Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

750MC SNETTERTON 300 SEP 15 ALLCOMERS & AFRC

3 posters

:: Events

Go down

750MC SNETTERTON 300 SEP 15 ALLCOMERS & AFRC  Empty 750MC SNETTERTON 300 SEP 15 ALLCOMERS & AFRC

Post by billy f Tue Sep 15, 2015 11:57 am

Great weekend of racing Very Happy Ed and I went racing at Snett and had two great races (20 minute allcomers on Saturday then a two car relay entry into the AFRC 40 minute pit-stop race).

The rain on Saturday, made for a challenging Allcomers practice (6th on grid) and in the race, the damp track with a dry line made it a very difficult race. I opted for a dry set-up but the damp areas were very slippy. Ed on his wets got down the inside of me at Williams which displaced me onto the damp part, which caused me to take a visit to the car boot sale and I eventually rejoined the track some 200m down the straight Shocked In the latter laps the dry set-up was working well but although I set the 5th fastest lap, it was too late and I finished 10th.

Sunshine forecast for Sunday and the AFRC race, and Ed ran in the AFRC qualifying session ( I had a hangover) to put us on the front row in second place. It was looking good for the team as I had qualified just a tenth of a second slower in the later Civic session. However, in the assembly area for the race it started to rain, and whilst it wasn't much, I could see whilst I waited in the pit lane see that Ed had dropped to fifth and was struggling, so jumped out of the car and dropped the dampers a couple of clicks and got back in and strapped up just before Ed came in. Ed had thankfully stayed out an extra lap which gave me the time to tweek the car and also another lap for the track to dry some more. Out onto the track, and there was no-one is sight except Mark who was parked up at Hamilton! and I spent the first lap finding what grip was available and was caught half way through by the Sunbeam Lotus, who passed on the back straight, but I managed to hang onto his shirt-tails. It looked as if it was going to be a lonely race, but then the safety car came out which compressed the field and I ended up 5th behind the safety car for the re-start. Thankfully I had judged the pace of the cars from Murrays to the start line just right, and after a hairy undertake at Riches, came out in second place Very Happy The Sunbeam reeled me in again and we finished 3rd overall and 2nd in class.

From my records, during qualifying Ed had improved on his personal best by more than 3 seconds Cool

Heres some footage of the Allcomers race from youtube with quite a lot of Ed during the first few minutes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sCtGxiPnqk
billy f
billy f

Back to top Go down

750MC SNETTERTON 300 SEP 15 ALLCOMERS & AFRC  Empty Re: 750MC SNETTERTON 300 SEP 15 ALLCOMERS & AFRC

Post by numbnuts Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:04 pm

Another good find, thanks Billy

numbnuts
numbnuts

http://www.fullersforestry.co.uk

Back to top Go down

750MC SNETTERTON 300 SEP 15 ALLCOMERS & AFRC  Empty Re: 750MC SNETTERTON 300 SEP 15 ALLCOMERS & AFRC

Post by billy f Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:41 am

Heres a link to some of Nick and Marks photos Very Happy

https://goo.gl/nrbduf

Excellent as usual.

I find these very usefull for judging how the car is behaving, such as roll angle, camber of outside wheel in the turn, and how much the sidewalls of the outer wheels are deforming, and whether this is equal front and rear.
billy f
billy f

Back to top Go down

Post by IAN51 Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:15 pm

Just been watching this on You Tube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7i5Ka5ML1o

Mightily impressive drive Mr Fuller I was proper impressed at the way you went. But!!!!! I bet your arsehole was going like rabbits nose albino   when you spun coming out the Bombhole I know mine would have.

Top work fella cheers What a Face affraid

Last edited by IAN51 on Thu Sep 24, 2015 9:16 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Smelling Pistakes)
IAN51
IAN51

Back to top Go down

Post by billy f Fri Sep 25, 2015 7:40 am

Just been having a look at this myself, liked the undertake at Coram Very Happy
You did really well there on the Toyos in those greasy conditions.
billy f
billy f

Back to top Go down

Post by numbnuts Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:23 pm

Thanks guys,

I feel like I am really getting to know the 200 and with Saturday's race on the 300 I was quietly confident. So I Decided to go for it from the off as I normally take a couple of laps to get into it. I was actually half way through another overtake at the bomb hole/Corum when I sun up the tears and that was it. Didn't actually poop myself as it happen so quickly. Disappointed how easily Simon out braked me. I need to look at the breaks more. I think they are still the weakest link. if only I kept my west on I think we would have been on the top step.

I was impressed with the sunbeam. It was also nice to have a race with simon.

I have some footage of the races that i will have to show you when we get the projector running next.
numbnuts
numbnuts

http://www.fullersforestry.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down